UPDATE: Election results available here.
Candidate for Clarkstown Trustee
Employment: I currently work for Asurion, where I lead client engagements and manage the product and operational execution of large scale inter-company programs.
Education: I hold an MBA with a specialty in Executive Management from St. John’s University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Management with a concentration in Marketing from the University at Buffalo.
Tenure: I am a resident of New City, a Hamlet of Clarkstown.DiamondforBOE@gmail.com
Election Central: Why are you running for office or seeking re-election?
Diamond: As a resident of the Clarkstown Central School District, with three children in our schools and as a homeowner and taxpayer, I am invested. I value our public education and I feel it is important for me to be at the table helping to make the difficult decisions as we navigate through the challenges facing our district.
As a School Board candidate, I bring to the table strong leadership and collaboration skills as well as significant experience in financial and operations management. My broad professional experience - and track record of success - will be helpful in addressing the challenges facing our District.
Election Central: What in your personal, civic or professional experience recommends your election or return to office?
Diamond: As a home owner, taxpayer and parent, I have a long-term vested interest in our district. As a business leader, I have extensive experience in collaborating with people, implementing change and leading transformation. I am also experienced in long-term planning and execution.
As a member of our board of education, I will balance the needs of the district in providing a meaningful public school education and advocate that all budget expenditures are made for the maximum benefit of the district.
We are in an “all hands on deck” situation with all of the challenges facing our district. If elected, I will help to formulate and execute a district-wide plan, ensure sustainability of the district, and focus on providing our children with the best possible education and the tools they need in order to succeed.
Election Central: What would be your top three priorities if you are elected or re-elected?
Diamond: There are many issues facing our District. However, in my opinion, the top three priorities are:
- Addressing our failing infrastructure: Our school buildings and infrastructure are in desperate need of repairs.
- Balancing our budget: We continue to operate at a budget deficit with an overreliance on dwindling reserves.
- Eliminating the NYS Gap Elimination Adjustment (GEA) and Unfunded Mandates; the state’s deficit – now surplus – should never be at the expense of our local school districts.
As a School Board Trustee, I commit to:
- Drive a long-term strategy for the district - that includes capital improvements - and ensure that we execute upon it flawlessly and rigorously.
- Maintain maniacal focus on our financial discipline; ensuring our district is operating efficiently and our budget is balanced.
- Support lobbying efforts to eliminate GEA and unfunded state and federal mandates. If the state or federal government passes mandates to our community, they should also provide the necessary funding to support such mandates.